List:       ntop
Subject:    Re: [Ntop] Minor problem when starting ntop
From:       "Vaughan Wickham" <gdayvw () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-04-16 5:26:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Roger

> > Note that I do _not_ run it as a daemon (-d)

That's a useful point. Initially I was not running ntop as a daemon, and
running from the installation directory did seem to work. Then I made some
changes to the configuration including setting ntop to run as a daemon. A
short while after restarting the symptoms returned. So I'll try resetting
ntop to not run as a daemon and see if that helps.

> This works for me, on the other hand it should not be neccessary to have
> to run ntop from the installation directory....???

I agree with you, looks like a "feature" to me. I never even thought of
trying to run ntop from the install directory.

At least this gets ntop going though.

Thanks

Vaughan