List:       ntop
Subject:    Re: [Ntop] Problem install NTOP 3.2 in Solaris 10 INTEL !
From:       "Gary Gatten" <Ggatten () waddell ! com>
Date:       2006-06-29 23:35:16

I will be out of the office until Monday 7/10.  If this is an emergency, please \
contact Tim Grant.

Thanks!

Gary

> > > ntop 06/29/06 18:28 >>>

Make sure you have the libpcap.so installed as well, otherwise, yes you may
have 64bit problem. Can you compile in 32 bit mode?

             Cândido Henrique
             - Linux user
             <candido@tjmg.gov         ntop@unipi.it
             .br>                                                       cc
             Sent by:
             ntop-bounces@unip                                     Subject
             i.it                      [Ntop] Problem install NTOP 3.2 in
                                       Solaris 10 INTEL !

             30/06/06 02:36 AM

             Please respond to
               ntop@unipi.it

Hi Dave !

Unhappily I didn't get to still solve this problem... very strange  this
problem,
I researched for every WEB and I tried whole its suggestions ...
I posted in the forum of SUN and NTOP but it was not still possible a
solution ...

I will try to reinstall SOLARIS 10 again but I think doesn't advance it is
a measure of    despair !!!

My processor is 64 Bits it´s problem ????
Would anybody have NTOP 3.2 installed in one it plans Solaris 10 64 Bits
????

Thank you !

Regards,

Cândido.

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have all lib ... :-)

My .profile (root)

PATH=
/opt/csw/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin/:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/opt/sfw/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/ucb/
 ;
export PATh
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/sfw/include/mysql/:
/usr/sfw/lib/mysql:/opt/sfw/include:/usr/local/include/net:/usr/local/
lib:
/usr/local/include:/usr/sfw/lib/:/opt/sfw/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/opt/lib:/usr/local/include/net/
 :/opt/csw
/bin;
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

LDFLAGS="-lxml2:-lglib:-lposix4:-lpthread:-lresolv:-lsocket:-lxnet:-lnsl:-lc:-lssl:-lcrypto:-lpcap:-lgdbm:-lgd:-lpng:-lz"

export LDFLAGS
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Compile NTOP 3.2 Solaris 10 Intel Opteron 64 Bits !

*
* ERROR: pcap header, bpf or library routines are missing
*           (yes means it was found, no means it was not found)
*
*              pcap.h...yes
*              net/bpf.h...yes
*              pcap-bpf.h...yes
*              pcap_open_live() in -lpcap...no
*              pcap_findalldevs() in -lpcap...no
*
*  (One of the bpf files is required, but either will do)
*
*>>> No way to proceed.
*
*???     1. Install libpcap (http://www.tcpdump.org/)
*???    and Rerun ./configure
*???  or 2. Use the --with-pcap-root= option
*
Sorry mate - LDFLAGS, not LD_FLAGS - my mistake.

./configure --help gives a few hints.

so -
#LDFLAGS="-lxml2 -lglib -lposix4 -lpthread -lresolv -lxnet -lm -lc -lssl
-lcrypto -liconv -lnsl -lsocket -lpcap -lgdbm -lgd -lpng -lz"
#export LDFLAGS
#./configure --with-pcap-root=/usr/local

cheers
--
Cândido Henrique M. de Souza
Técnico em Suporte de Redes

Any personal or sensitive information contained in this email and
attachments must be handled in accordance with the Victorian Information
Privacy Act 2000, the Health Records Act 2001 or the Privacy Act 1988
(Commonwealth), as applicable.

This email, including all attachments, is confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose, distribute, copy or use the
information contained in this email or attachments.  Any confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you in
error.  If you have received it in error, please let us know by reply
email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies.

"This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient
 and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential.
 any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email
 and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
 received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by
 return email and delete this email from your system."