List:       ntop
Subject:    [Ntop] Problem after ntop installation
From:       Rene Bouchard <rbouchard () epalscorp ! com>
Date:       2006-05-31 17:21:11

Hi,

I've installed ntop version 3.2 many times with success using only ./configure
&& make && make install on a redhat 7.2 machine. Ntop start without any
problem, it just never capture any packets. I can see the interface and
ifconfig tells me they are under promisc mode but still no packet through.
Using tcpdump will confirm that there is a network flow, and starting ntop in
debug mode (-K) doesn't give much information.

Iptraf is working, tcpdump also. Everything is fine with ntop web interface
but it will never see any packet....can anybody help me.

Thanks a lot!

--
René Bouchard

---

ePALS Classroom Exchange Terms apply to this e-mail
http://www.epalscorp.com/emailterms
-----