List:       ntop
Subject:    Re: [Ntop] donation for win32
From:       "Gary Gatten" <Ggatten () waddell ! com>
Date:       2006-05-15 19:25:21

If I may recommend, nTop runs on many "free" unix / linux OS's.  Many of
them now have relatively simple installs so if you're not familiar with
*nix OS's - you should still be able to get nTop up and running on one
of them in an afternoon - or at least a day.  Just a thought.  I know
Micro$oft gives some education discounts as well, but Window$ is still
Window$.  Since you're interested in open source, just thought I'd
mention this.

Also might want to look into Nagios, MRTG, Open NMS, and MANY others.

Gary

>>> cdegear1@jeffco.edu 5/15/2006 1:35:19 PM >>>
I represent Jefferson College in Hillsboro, MO, USA.  We would like to

implement the win32 version of ntop, but are unable to compile it.  We

are network analysts, not programmers :)  I have sent an email to
sales@ntop.org, but have not received a response.  The web site says
that NPOs and Universities can receive the compiled version of ntop
win32 for a small donation.  How much of a donation are we talking
about?  Our budget is very small, that's why we have been looking into

open source monitoring tools.  Any help/info would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,
Chris DeGeare