List:       ntop
Subject:    Re: [Ntop] passwords
From:       Michael Weidel <m.weidel () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-11-28 7:40:17

Hi ANDRADE PALACIOS FERNANDO JOSE,

> I have test ntop in PUCE (Quito Ecuador) university for a week and it works
> wonderfull. I have one problem I want to limit the acces to the web page to
> some users, but the admin, admin username password don`t seems to work.

What do you mean with "don`t seems to work"? What doesn't work? What OS
do you use? ...? Did you use the latest version (2.0pre or better: the
latest snapshot from http://snapshot.ntop.org/tgz/ntop-current.tgz)?

You could try to delete the passwords file and then log in with "admin",
password "admin". If this doesn't work, perhaps you compiled ntop with
tcpwrapper support and didn't add a ntop entry in the hosts.allow file?

> I don`t find information about this topic in the man pages, and the passwords
> file is encrypted. I forgot to compile something?, how I edit the passwords
> file?

Sorry, no idea.

CU,

Michael
--
Michael Weidel, University of Ulm, Computing Center
EMAIL:         m.weidel@gmx.de