List:       ntop
Subject:    Re: [Ntop] ntop v2.0 nmap and lsof usage?
From:       Michael Weidel <michael.weidel () student ! uni-ulm ! de>
Date:       2001-11-27 7:18:58

Hi Blake,

> hello! I wanted to know how ntop uses nmap and lsof?

As far as I know, ntop uses lsof for the "IP Traffic - Local usage" page
and nmap for determining the OS of a computer.

> for ntop, I did not see any options to enable its use
> so it appears if nmap exists, ntop will use it, but

Read the manual more carefully:
option "-N": ntop doesn't use nmap
option "-E": make ntop aware of nmap and lsof

> how?  what is ntop lacking if nmap is not installed?

see above.

CU,

Michael
--
Michael Weidel, University of Ulm, Computing Center
EMAIL:         m.weidel@gmx.de