List:       ntbugtraq
Subject:    "Know Your Enemy: Honeynets" and S-ot-M
From:       Lance Spitzner <lance () SPITZNER ! NET>
Date:       2001-04-23 1:20:45

Know Your Enemy: Honeynets
--------------------------
For several years the Honeynet Project has been
developing the Know Your Enemy series, which is
dedicated to the tools, tactics and motives of the
blackhat community.  We are excited to announce our
newest release,

           Know Your Enemy: Honeynets

Instead of focusing on blackhats, this paper focuses
on Honeynets, our primary tool of information gathering.
Specifically what a Honeynet is, its value, how to
build one, and risks/issues involved.  You can find
this online at

   http://project.honeynet.org/papers/honeynet/

Scan of the Month
-----------------
Results for April's Scan of the Month have been released.
Learn some of the common tools and tactics used by blackhats
once they attack and compromise an NT server.  We had 23
submissions this month, with an average of 9 hours of
analysis for each submission.

  http://project.honeynet.org/scans/scan14/

Thanks!

--