List:       ntbugtraq
Subject:    NT4 Reskit - GREP bug found
From:       "Berger, Tom (AFCN)" <Tom.Berger () FAO ! ORG>
Date:       1998-02-03 11:36:02

hello,

This is to document a bug I found in the NT reskit.
I know that POSIX utilities are under limited support
from Microsoft and that is why I'm posting this here and
not report it through our Premier Support Contract as usual.

It seems GREP relies on the FGREP and EGREP (like the
UNIX version does) which Micosoft (for unknown reasons)
does not supply.

thanks for listening,
Thomas

1) GREP example
C:\NTRESKIT\POSIX>grep quick test.txt
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy Dos.

2) GREP bux example
C:\NTRESKIT\POSIX>grep -v quick test.txt
grep: can't exec old 'grep'