List:       ntbugtraq
Subject:    XP SP2 application testing
From:       William Hobson <b-hobson () TAMU ! EDU>
Date:       2004-08-18 16:07:11

I have been testing with SP2 since RC1. My biggest concern was always a
home-grown, Oracle-based, financial package that we use as an agency. It
has been a headache when used with third-party pop-up blockers (it
wouldn't run!). It uses Java extensions called Oracle Jinitiators and
because of the past history with pop-up blockers, I was concerned that
SP2 would break the application.

I am happy to report that SP2 Gold passed with flying colors. Big sigh
of relief!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William J. (Bill) Hobson
Network Administrator
Information Security Officer
Network and Computing Support Services
Texas Engineering Experiment Station

-----
NTBugtraq Editor's Note:

Want to reply to the person who sent this message? This list is configured such that \
just hitting reply is going to result in the message coming to the list, not to the \
individual who sent the message. This was done to help reduce the number of Out of \
Office messages posters received. So if you want to send a reply just to the poster, \
you'll have to copy their email address out of the message and place it in your TO: \
                field.
-----