List:       ntbugtraq
Subject:    Re: how to enble icf remotely
From:       Erik Birkholz <erik () FOUNDSTONE ! COM>
Date:       2003-10-30 1:31:55

That is only half the problem, you need to determine the interface you
want to enable as well. I wrote a cool .vbs script for fun that will
turn on and off ICF for any or all interfaces (as seen below). If anyone
wants it, email me and I can send it over.  Otherwise I can put it on
the www.SpecialOpsSecurity.com site.

        Erik

C:\>toggleicf.vbs
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

  Correct usage:   toggleICF.vbs "<interface>" <on|off>

   --Both arguments are required for correct operation--

C:\>

C:\>toggleicf.vbs all on
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

ICF has been turned on for all interface(s)

C:\>

C:\>toggleicf.vbs all off
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

ICF has been turned off for all interface(s)

C:\>

-----
Marcus Ranum's new book "The Myth of Homeland Security" is now out and
is available from http://www.amazon.com/ranum In this hard-hitting
review of the homeland security business, Ranum shows us how the problem
is vastly harder than it's being made to sound, and how special
interests, butt covering, and bureaucracy are threatening to derail any
chance of making progress.
-----