List:       ntbugtraq
Subject:    Free SQL chapter available on www.SpecialOpsSecurity.com
From:       Erik Birkholz <erik () FOUNDSTONE ! COM>
Date:       2003-03-07 1:36:57

Focus-MS friends et al,

        Based on the recent SQL events, I agreed (was persuaded with
beer) by a bunch of Focus-MS regulars last week at the Windows 2003
Black Hat Briefings to release a free chapter of the book to the list (I
added NTBugtraq too). The book should start shipping from Amazon in a
few days, but in the mean time you can download the Attacking and
Defending SQL chapter from SPECIAL OPS: Host and Network Security for
Microsoft, UNIX and Oracle. I put it on my website.

        http://www.specialopssecurity.com/SpecialOpsCh12.pdf

        Other attack and defense chapters include Oracle by David
Litchfield,
Microsoft SQL by Chip Andrews, Exchange by Jim McBee, Web Applications
by
Roelof Temmingh & Haroon Meer and UNIX by Hal Flynn

        Enjoy,

                Erik

___________________
Erik Pace Birkholz, CISSP
erik@SpecialOpsSecurity.com

..:SPECIAL OPS: Host and Network Security for Microsoft, UNIX and
Oracle:..

This book is the only tactical internal network security guide for
executing an asset-centric vulnerability assessment. Don't put off
protecting your internal network; read this book and mount an assault to
eradicate network negligence today! www.SpecialOpsSecurity.com

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Have you discovered a security vulnerability related to Windows or a
commercial product which runs on Windows?

Need assistance crafting the format or translating your advisory to English?

Need to verify it, or having problems contacting the Vendor?

Contact mailto:Advisories@NTBugtraq.com

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo