List:       ntbugtraq
Subject:    Re: Update on the SuperCookie issue
From:       Barry Dorrans <barryd () BANN ! CO ! UK>
Date:       2002-01-15 20:06:10

>       However, asking the average user to solve an Internet
> Explorer privacy
>       leak by manually changing settings in a different program seems
>       a bit much to me.

Please, it's not an Internet Explorer issue. It's a *Media Player*
issue.

Also it will only appear in Netscape 4, not 6, due to the plug in
support changes. (Although if someone proves me wrong, I can finally get
pre delivery working under NS 6, which would make me happy!)

If anyone wants to get a DRM license to test changes with around this, I
can set that up easily.

(As some of you may have worked out, part of my job right now is around
the Windows DRM platform, which I know a lot of you will object too.)

Regards,

Barry