List:       nt-mgrs
Subject:    [nt-mgrs] How to throw away standard output and standard error ...
From:       "Rodney Wines" <Rodney.Wines () ahqps ! alcatel ! fr>
Date:       2001-02-27 10:42:38

Hello,

This is probably an elementary NT question, but I spend most of my time on
Unix.

I've got some scripts that do things like export and shut down Oracle
databases before the systems are backed up each night.  The scripts are
triggered automatically by the backup software (Legato NetWorker).  The
scripts work, the backups work, but the export commands the scripts run are
very verbose, and the output gets dumped into the middle of my backup logs.
On Unix, I'd throw away standard output and standard error with:

    export_command > /dev/null 2>&1

Can I do this on NT? If so, what's the syntax?

Thanks,

Rodney