List:       nt-mgrs
Subject:    [nt-mgrs] Secure access from NT + Mac II
From:       Thomas Loeffler <loeffler () erdw ! ethz ! ch>
Date:       2000-01-14 15:48:55

Hi NT managers,

I got just one response on my question. The suggestion was to use
seperate permission box for Mac users.

But, another problem. I have people who use both Mac + NT machines
accessing the NT server (SP4, MS UAM enabled). If such a user (re)set
the password via a Mac, the account can be accessed vi a NT computer
without password (i.e., with an empty password) whereas the same
account must still be authorized by accessing via a Mac.

Any comments, ideas etc?

TIA
herzliche Gruesse, Thomas

      Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
      department of earth sciences
      institute geology
      sonneggstr. 5, NO G32     tel.: +41 (0)1 632 5696
      ch-8092 zuerich           fax.: +41 (0)1 632 1080