List:       nt-mgrs
Subject:    [nt-mgrs] Re: searching for non-SP4 machines
From:       Pam Buffington <pamc () cc ! gatech ! edu>
Date:       1999-11-30 20:33:11

While this isn't a summary as I'm getting useful suggestions, Here is one
method that I've found that uses nt or ntreskit only tools.

#Get a text list of machines in the domain
ntdom.exe member
#winmsd \\machinename /s /f

Grep through the many files to get the service pack versions.

To run winmsd on a remote machine and put the summary in a file. (You can't
specify the name of the file, it just puts it in a file with the name being
the machinename you checked, so be sure to do this in an empty directory.)

Pam