List:       nt-mgrs
Subject:    Re: [nt-mgrs] SP6
From:       Ken McCracken <ken () engr ! orst ! edu>
Date:       1999-11-12 15:21:22

My understanding has always been that service packs and hot fixes should only be
used when it is known they will solve an existing problem.  Microsoft has
consistently recommended this policy.  They make no secret of the fact that
service packs and hot fixes are not beta tested, and can create more problems
than they solve.

In other words, as always; try it, test it, and use at your own risk.