List:       nt-mgrs
Subject:    [nt-mgrs] IE5 and Dialup and WINS
From:       "Rooney, Alan" <A-Rooney () bdp ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-06-23 12:42:18

Hi!

I have a Win95 PC normally connected to a LAN using IP.
If I disconnect it from the LAN and dial up a POP and try to
access a web site IE5 hangs.  I can get it to work if I disable
WINS lookups in control panel.  Presumably it is hanging because
it can't access the WINS server specified on the LAN.

Is there any way I can stop this happening?

TIA

Alan.

            Alan Rooney.                      a-rooney@bdp.co.uk
            IT Communications Manager,
            Building Design Partnership,
            Sunlight House,
            PO Box 85,
            Quay Street,
            Manchester.         M60 3JA
            England.

            Phone 0161-834 8441      Fax 0161-839 3144