List:       nt-mgrs
Subject:    [nt-mgrs] System profiles not loading and getting default
From:       Bill April <Bapril () brueggers ! com>
Date:       1999-06-22 21:37:26

We have NT4 SP3 wkstns that are not networked. They are setup with local
System profiles to allow only the most minimal of access. Every so
often, the user tries to logon and gets a message "Your profile was not
successfully loaded, but you have been logged on with the default system
profile." When this happens, a new profile is created in
C:\winnt\profiles titled system then system.001 then system.002 etc.
Where do these come from and how do I stop this ?

Bill April
Voice : (802)660-4020 x281
e-mail : bapril@brueggers.com