List:       nt-mgrs
Subject:    [nt-mgrs] SUMMARY: Printing through Windows 2000 DC without authenticating
From:       jonesey <jonesey () uoregon ! edu>
Date:       2003-04-16 22:11:33

   Well, I gave up.  I had two suggestions:

1. Use TCP/IP printing instead.  I am unable to do this for
complicated reasons.  It is also not quite as simple as
point-and-print, which works really well.

2. If you can get Guest to work, people's computers should be able to
cache the Domain\Guest username so that they won't have to enter it
again.  Since Guest wasn't working, this wasn't an option.

   I ended up demoting the server back to a member server (using
dcpromo) and enabling Guest locally.  It works like a champ now.  I
plan to promote another server to be a DC so that I have a backup.

jonesey