List:       nssldap
Subject:    Re: [nssldap] No timeout for nss_ldap?
From:       Tony Earnshaw <tonni () hetnet ! nl>
Date:       2008-01-03 18:26:45

Arthur de Jong skrev, on 03-01-2008 17:26:

>> I'm now trying gradually to put nss-ldapd in place instead of Red
>> Hat's $DEITY-awful nss_ldap, but it seems it has a bug with large
>> Posix groups at the moment (our largest has about 900+ memberUids).

> This is a known problem with nss-ldapd 0.5 and is fixed (partially) in
> svn.

I (as Red Hat person) snooped on the Debian bug DB and saw your exchange
with UIO's Petter Reinholdtsen (whom I knew earlier from Norwegian
things). So I got interested and followed the debug thread about this
issue, which ended unresolved this morning and my ensuing post to this list.

> The attached patch against 0.5 should solve this issue and is
> tested with groups with up to 1000 members.

We'll apply it and then go and eat, and sleep. Tomorrow is another day ;)

Best,

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw