List:       nssldap
Subject:    Re: [nssldap] Problems with --with-ldap-conf-file
From:       Tony Earnshaw <tonye () billy ! demon ! nl>
Date:       2005-10-18 1:16:21

må den 17.10.2005 Klokka 15:35 (-0400) skreiv
Robert.Becker@motoristsgroup.com:

> I am attempting to get both nss_ldap and pam_ldap off of /etc/ldap.conf.
> One of the applications we are installing requires /etc/ldap.conf for it's
> own configuration.  I have tried to setup nssldap and pamldap to use a
> different file by compiling them with the flag
> --with-ldap-conf-file=/usr/local/etc/ldap.conf.  This does not work.  No
> matter where I point the configuration file they are still looking in
> /etc/ldap.conf .  Am I missing something simple here?

IF, as you write, "One of the applications we are installing
requires /etc/ldap.conf", then DON'T try to get it to go
to /usr/local/etc/ldap.conf. These are essentially completely different
config files, for different purposes.

--Tonni

--
Mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl