List:       nssldap
Subject:    Re: [nssldap] Auto-home from LDAP ??
From:       Dominic Lai <dominic () cs ! ust ! hk>
Date:       2004-10-06 0:01:50

Hi,

No.  Instead, automount (autofs) has its routine to deal
with it usually.  Note that the automap schema on Solaris
is slightly different from that on Linux.  I have to make
some code modification on autofs-4.1.3 (Linux) in order to
make it work with Solaris's automap schema.  I do not have
information for AIX though.

You could put auto master map (as auto_master) on the LDAP
tree.  Note that autofs-4.1.3 of Linux looks for 'auto.master',
while native Solaris automount looks for 'auto_master'.
Also, autofs-4.1.3 expects for anonymous bind to look up
the automap (instead of proxydn bind).

Dominic

--
Dominic Lai, Assistant Computer Officer, CS System Group
Computer Science Department, The Hong Kong University of Science &