List:       nssldap
Subject:    [nssldap] debian and nss ldap --> hosts not resolved
From:       Gabor K Horvath <gabor.k.horvath () nokia ! com>
Date:       2002-09-27 12:51:00

Hi

My Solaris 8 test system is up and running. Everything seems to work.
I installed a Debian system to test it as an LDAP auth client system.
That is where I ran into a few weird problems.
Authetication works fine.
Nss resolves most of the queries directed to it. I tested group/user  related things. \
They work with no problem now.

sshd and telnet however seem to go around nss some way.
I can ping the systems (ping resolves the name correctly) that have a host entry in \
ldap only. Telnet and ssh does not resolve the names. They only say host not found.

Any ideas?
I built the packages from the sources of sarge, I am using them on woody (I need TLS \
that's why I had to build them)

Versions:
libnss-ldap	199-1
libldap2-tls	2.0.23-13
nscd		2.2.5-6 (not using host caching)
libssl		0.9.6g-6
Openssh 	3.4p1-1

--
Horvath Gabor Kalman		UNIX system & Network
				 Administrator@Nokia