List:       nssldap
Subject:    RE: [nssldap] login with LDAP require local user
From:       Janek Schumann <Eagel4u () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-07-19 16:21:05

Ok ... I think I've found the problem:

when I try to execute "getent passwd" (as root!) I get only the local user
which are stored in passwd. There are no users from the AD.

Why??

The bind information for the LDAP-server are correct and the password too.

Have I to change any files that the nss_ldap-module will be used, if the
getpw* command is executed??

But in the nsswitch.conf are the entries for ldap. Or isn't this the same?

A frustated guy
-- Janek

http://www.gmx.net