List:       nsbasic-palmapi
Subject:    Re: [nsbasic-palmAPI] Re: WinScreenGetAttribute and High-Density-Font:  how to check/use in NSBasic?
From:       Douglas Handy <dhandy1 () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2004-11-10 16:16:15

Adrian,

> > I wouldn't call WinScreenMode useless
>
> Nor I did. By default, height and width always returned LoRes. (so this SDK \
> function parameter has been useless for a long time)

It still isn't useless; it is possible for the screen size to be other than
160x160, even in lo-res mode.  Take the Dana Alphasmart, for example.

However, I think the values tend to be the most useful to apps trying to dynamic
form generation.  And that just isn't practical in NSB/Palm.  Indeed, it has
fraught with peril even when coding in C, especially in you want to support
devices prior to OS 4.1 where at least some of the OS bugs got fixed.

> It is always time to begin.

Far be it from me to say people shouldn't be interested in learning how to
create their own shared libs.  I think everyone knows I'm a fan of them, and
create me own for various optimizations and features I couldn't implement any
other way.

I just don't think replacing a built-in function with your own is the best way
to get a return on your time.  Unless you are adding features or optimizations
not part of the function being replaced.

Doug

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

Shortcut URL to this page:

Yahoo! Groups Links