List:       nsbasic-palmapi
Subject:    Re: [nsbasic-palmAPI] ALTERNATE PAD - Showing the keyboard on the Palm
From:       Douglas Handy <dhandy1 () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2003-01-31 7:55:24

JAG,

>I wanted to replace some of the keys on the palm keyboard with
>a "touch tone" type keyboard. Is it possible to replace the standard
>keyboard with my custom "touch-tone" one as an NSB-PRC and have it
>popup in memopad when the user taps the ABC silkscreen?

Do you mean you want this to happen while the user is in the built-in Memo Pad
application?  That would require a "hack" as opposed to a regular application.
Hacks cannot be written in NSB.  Further, hacks are not compatible with OS5 or
later, where you need to use notifications instead (if there is one for this
event).

And by "touch-tone" do you mean you will want to emit DTMF tones?  Most Palm OS
devices do not have a speaker capable of producing DTMF of sufficient quality to
control phone equipment.  Some newer multi-media devices do.  Search the
archives or places like PalmGear.

Doug

Community email addresses:
 Post message: nsbasic-palmAPI@yahoogroups.com