List:       nsbasic-palm
Subject:    [nsbasic-palm] Re: Serial I/O Explorer
From:       "cschuchert" <cschuchert () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-09-29 15:49:44

No updates to the sim. Don't have a previous version of nsb. POSE
settings are Com 3 for serial port and "no port" for Mystery port. I
have both serial and usb cradles. More info...I pasted most of ser
i/o code into my app's 'ser comm' routine. After resetting POSE I
can make ser i/o work even when exiting and coming back to it. Then
I switch to MY app (ser comm)and it also runs OK. Then I switch back
to ser i/o and it fails. Ser comm also fails when switching back
again.

--- In nsbasic-palm@yahoogroups.com, Michael Verive <mverive@y...>
wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Did you update NSBasic sin this last 2 weeks?  I'd suggest
compiling with a previous version of NSBasic to see if it makes a
difference.

> Did you make any changes to the comm settings in POSE?
>
> I'll see if I have a serial Palm OS device to test with on my
system.  Are you using a serial cradle, or a USB cradle?

> Mike
>

> cschuchert <cschuchert@y...> wrote:
> I haven't installed anything new except the pdb converter and I
> don't use ARM. I believe it was about 2 weeks ago when you and I
> were communicating about ser i/0 that I used it last. I only
compile
> through the IDE and am using the latest update of nsb. POSE is one
> from Palm and not the one with nsb. As I said in my last post, it
> works after I soft-reset POSE. Karl suspected it wasn't closed
> before being opened. I didn't alter your code at all so if there
> wasn't a serialclose in it, then it was OK without it before. At
> this point I don't have any practical use for it but I don't want
> distribute the app with a routine that fails when opened or at
some
> other time. BTW, I get error 770 with the push buttons (IR/Serial)
> when I test on the device.
>

> --- In nsbasic-palm@yahoogroups.com, Michael Verive
> wrote:
> > Jim,
> >
> > When did you last successfully use this app in POSE or the Sim?
> Was it with a previous runtime, with or without the ARM, or ???
Are