List:       nsbasic-palm
Subject:    [nsbasic-palm] res Db design Thank You
From:       "Dwight Norris" <dnorris () fireserve ! net>
Date:       2004-08-28 19:58:48

Mike thanks this sheds some light on dbKey I guess I have to do more reading where is that book
like it is not beside my desk at all times <g>

I have a few more fixes to try before I go back to the One Record at a time version of this app

I plan on not letting the user delete one record from what I call the matched set or records Trade keyed
& Generic keyed and see if this fixes one of the issues.

Also plan a complete new Db the current one has data from many versions of this little app

I do checking for dups if found then do an Update if no dup then Insert
I think the problem is letting the user do a delete of one set of records so the change will be
delete both or cancel only

I may move all the data to one db max has been 65 records to 100 records in the written Db
and 23 records in the interchange Db small Db's by comparison so no loss

After all this was a learning experience to see if I could link two Db's and now I know I can
I just do not think I can write two record sets at once time will tell

thanks for your time
dwight