List:       nsbasic-palm
Subject:    [nsbasic-palm] Re: IR <--> RS232
From:       "maxlschmidt" <info1 () pdacon ! com>
Date:       2003-04-28 21:45:56

--- In nsbasic-palm@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Handy <dhandy1@b...>
wrote:
> Max,
>
> >Excellent hint!
> >This IR (IrDA) PC-adapter seems what I am looking for.
>
> But what I don't know is if it only works with a PC by providing
some extra
> driver software, or if it can work as a black-box type hardware
interface.

> You seemed to be looking for the latter, to enable communications
with
> unspecified hardware with a serial port.  I don't know if this will
do that or
> not, but may be one avenue to explore.
>
> Doug

True, the black-box type is the desired thing!
Another (more simple?) device I found at Digital Data Communications.
Beside XTNDAccess products they are offering the 'Infrared PC serial'
which seems to be a black-box thing, but this question should get
cleared by an email. Product link is here:
http://www.digital-data.net/index_eproverview.html

Max

Community email addresses:
 Post message: nsbasic-palm@yahoogroups.com