List:       nsbasic-palm
Subject:    [nsbasic-palm] Re: Help on Two Things.
From:       "glowkar" <glowkar () austin ! rr ! com>
Date:       2001-12-31 23:25:54

> 1. I'm loading a listbox full of the records in the Palm Memo Pad.
> How do I tell it only to load the part of the String before the
> Line Feed?

Look at the InStr() and Mid() functions.  With these, you will be
able to grab just a part of a string.

> 2. I need to be able to save the state of the text box scroll bar
> status. Is this possible? If not, what do I need to do to have that
> capability? I practically want to save the Cursor position,
> scrollbar position, etc. (Think Quickword/SmartDoc/pedit etc).

Look at the FieldGetScrollPosition(), FieldSetScrollPosition(),
FieldGetInsPtPosition() and FieldSetInsPtPosition() functions in the
NSBSystemLib.

    http://nsbasic.com/palm/info/technotes/TN14.htm

> Thanks, Happy New Year!

Happy New Year To All!