List:       nsbasic-palm
Subject:    [nsbasic-palm] Serial Comm
From:       "cenlasoft" <cenlasoft () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-12-30 19:35:28

Hello,
I have not visited this site for a while. My name is Curtis
Desselles.  I wrote a serial data acquisition program for reading a
Parallax Basic Stamp II.  It reads temperature and the output is 2-3
digits sent to a text box on the Palm screen.  My problem is the
Basic Stamp sends the data plus a Carriage Return.  Also the text box
has word wrap but does not go to the next line after each data string
is received.  Is there any way to strip the carriage return or use it
to make the text box start a new line after each serial received
string?  Here is a sample of code.

Dim received as String
    Dim err as Integer
    Dim r as Integer