List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss] Re: Auto-partition on node reinstall
From:       Gyro Funch <gyromagnetic () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-10-05 19:44:38

> Assuming you gave the node enough time to actually complete an install
> and it is truly stuck, then yes, your only solution would be a
> customized kickstart file. There are some notes here about this:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://central-7-0-x86-64.rocksclusters.org/roll-documenta \
tion/base/7.0/customization-partitioning.html__;!!Mih3wA!TVIkaIZm39XN5Xz1X_86Mmw1w-NotYVIBs-7hZtGkqwOtl_cYe4yxNM3WRRGGWx_AikgSE4RM88$

> Though it would be helpful to know the exact errors that are happening
> in the installer, because assuming your disk is at least 25 GiB, the
> default partitioning scheme should be OK.
>
> --Sean

After some trial and error, the only way I could find to have a
reinstall proceed automatically was to delete all of the existing
partitions on the node's install disk before firing off a reinstall.

Unfortunately, despite having created a custom
'replace-custom-partition.xml' file and rebuilding the distribution, the
install used Rocks's default partitioning scheme.

Though not ideal, it seems I am now able to move through node reinstalls
via ssh, which will allow me to get some work done.

Thanks for your help.

-gyro