List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss]  User can't ssh client - PLS HELP !
From:       Christophe Guilbert <cguilbert () picasso ! ucsf ! edu>
Date:       2018-02-27 19:14:19

Dear list

I have the latest Rocks cluster. my understanding of Rocks doc is that I
should be able to ssh clients as a user.

When trying to ssh any client I have the following message:

ssh compute-0-2
Access denied: user chris (uid=4160) has no active jobs on this node.
Authentication failed.

I can ssh any client under root just fine.

I also notice that if I ssh a  client under root , I can't access  to my
(user) home folder

[root@compute-0-2 ~]# df -h
jcluster.local:/export/home/chris   50G   22G   26G  46% /home/chris

cd /home/chris
-bash: cd: /home/chris: Permission denied

Notice  that my UID (uid=4160) is not standard aslo

Any tip about to fix that