List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss] Re: authenticate 389-ds to Rocks 6.2
From:       Mike Hallock <mhallock () illinois ! edu>
Date:       2017-07-24 17:06:06

Hello,

I'm not using 389, but I do have clusters that authenticate against an
openldap service.

In extend-compute.xml, include a package tag for nss-pam-ldapd.  It
should pull in nscd.  Openldap-clients are optional but helpful to debug.

In the post section, you can call authconfig to set up ldap
authentication for you.  I have the following:

         authconfig --disablecache  --enableldap --enableldapauth \
                 --ldapserver <ldap server fqdn> \
                 --ldapbasedn <base DN> \
                 --update

I then follow it up with a handful of sed calls to rewrite parts of
/etc/pam_ldap.conf and /etc/nslcd.conf because authconfig only gets me
part of the way there, authconfig in EL6 seems to assume you'll do
STARTTLS, and I am using port 636 only, and I didn't find a way to get
it to write in a bind dn/password either.

It is hazy now, but I remember when I moved from EL5 to EL6 that I
stopped using nscd, hence the --disablecache in authconfig.  I think at
the time it wasn't playing well with nslcd for me, so I chose to skip
it.  This was some number of years ago so perhaps it will work now for you.

-mike