List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss] Re: ssh: connect to host compute-0-0 port 22: Connection refused
From:       Juan Eduardo Ramirez Vargas <juaneduardo.ramirez () upr ! edu>
Date:       2017-07-19 15:41:29

Hi,
  Sounds that your nodes most likely were power off improperly. And they
run rocks-grub.
When this happen the compute nodes at boot try to reinstall themselves.

If you want to avoid reinstall process. When the boot reaches grub for
reinstall just type any key to get the grub menu, then you should see the
second option to normal boot.

If you don't want to force reinstall nodes at power failure. It requires to
turn of rocks-grub 'process'.
/etc/init.d/rocks-grub stop (if already set)
chkconfig rocks-grub off (permanently set it off).

By default rocks do 'chkconfig rocks-grub on'
You may want eventually put in your extent-compute.xml a line  to turn off
rocks-grub, in case don't want this rocks feature.

I hope this help you
Eduardo