List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss] Re: SDSC cmake roll installation
From:       "Cooper, Trevor" <tcooper () sdsc ! edu>
Date:       2017-07-18 20:13:41

Lucas,

If you added the roll to your distro and rebuilt then reinstalled a compute node you \
should not have needed to copy the test script to the node. It should have been \
auto-installed. I think you may have missed a step in adding the roll to your distro \
and rebuilding it.

You should have done the following...

# rocks add roll cmake*.iso
# rocks enable roll cmake
# cd /export/rocks/install
# rocks create distro

THEN you can reinstall a compute node and after re-install log into it and do the \
following...

[root@<your_compute_node> ~]# cd rolltests/
[root@<your_compute_node> rolltests]# ./cmake.t
ok 1 - cmake installed
ok 2 - cmake-generated build
ok 3 - cmake module installed
ok 4 - cmake version module installed
ok 5 - cmake version module link created
1..5

As far as the Intel roll build goes please RE-READ the Requirements section of the \
README.md file for that repository and look closely at the layout of the directories \
for the intel-roll.

We do not currently have the 2017 compiler integrated into the roll so you are \
forging a new path.

I'm thinking you need to replicate a similar configuration to the the \
src/intel-compilers-2015 directory for the 2017 version of the libraries. Intel \
changed from providing separate tgz's in the 2013 version to a single tgz in the 2015 \
version and it appears this is similar for libraries.

I'm cc'ing the folks in our group who have more experience building the Intel roll to \
add input here.

Trevor