List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss] ssh: connect to host compute-0-0 port 22: Connection refused
From:       Info <rentalcondo2012-info () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2017-07-17 21:15:17

I inherited a four node cluster from someone who left our company last week.  The \
first thing I noticed is that were was no nfs filesystem between the nodes. So I \
manually created that by editing /etc/exports on the head node and mounted the folder \
on the compute node with the "mount" command. This worked well and I was able to run \
some simple hello_world mpi programs! Passwordless ssh worked perfectly between all \
the compute nodes and the head nodes.

But today when I came to work, I find I can not ssh to any of the compute nodes! I \
get the error:

ssh: connect to host compute-0-0 port 22: Connection refused

I am curious what happened overnight to cause this? It seems like all the nodes \
rebooted themselves overnight and sshd is not running? Unfortunately the machines are \
in a different state so I can not easily connect a monitor to see the issue.

I tried doing this on the head node,  "rocks list host profile compute-0-0", but got \
these errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/rocks/bin/rocks", line 259, in <module>
    command.runWrapper(name, args[i:])
  File "/opt/rocks/lib/python2.6/site-packages/rocks/commands/__init__.py", line \
1899, in runWrapper  self.run(self._params, self._args)
  File "/opt/rocks/lib/python2.6/site-packages/rocks/commands/list/host/profile/__init__.py", \
line 300, in run  for host in self.getHostnames(args):
  File "/opt/rocks/lib/python2.6/site-packages/rocks/commands/__init__.py", line 747, \
in getHostnames  min,max = self.db.fetchone()

ValueError: need more than 0 values to unpack

Any tips on a quick fix to the issue?