List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss]  Error when kickstarting a new M630 node
From:       Morris M M Law <morris () hkbu ! edu ! hk>
Date:       2017-04-06 0:43:31

It's been a long time when I add a new compute node with Rocks 6.1.1.

The cluster are running with 60 sets of M600 as compute nodes.  The new
compute node is a M630 adding in the same M1000e chassis with all other
M600 blade.
The command insert-ethers --cabinet 16 --rank 16 --ipaddr 10.0.16.16 was
run on the master node.
Then M630 was turned on and instruct to boot from network.  The DHCP
address 10.0.16.16 was assigned to M630 as the insert-ethers screen come up
with compute-16-16 and I can ping it on the master node.

However, when the M630 request for kickstart files, it flash for a number
of times, then it fail and get into a screen as if CentOS cannot find the
media and kickstart file for installations.

Then I found that the nodes are asking for https://10.0.0.2/install/.../...
and error messages were found that M630 fail to get those files in
https://10.0.0.2/install/.

I have checked on the master node that /var/www/html/install was linked to
/export/rocks/install and rocks create distro has been run.

I can find httpd run with port 80 http.  https (port 443) was not run.
However, I cannot find any httpd.conf or rocks.conf that has been related
to running https.

Best Regards,
--
Morris Law
SCID, Faculty of Science

--

------------------------------

Disclaimer

information intended for a specific individual and/or purpose. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete this message and notify the
sender and the University immediately. Any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is
prohibited as it may be unlawful.

In addition, the University specifically denies any responsibility for the
accuracy or quality of information obtained through University E-mail
Facilities. Any views and opinions expressed in the email(s) are those of
the author(s), and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of
the University. The University accepts no liability whatsoever for any
losses or damages that may be incurred or caused to any party as a result
of the use of such information.

Go Green Print Less