List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss]  Rocks on RAID1 and RAID0 drives
From:       "Mahmoud A. A. Ibrahim" <m.ibrahim () compchem ! net>
Date:       2015-04-25 16:18:58

Dear Rocks Users
How can we install Rocks on RAID1 drives?
Indeed, our frontend has four hard drives, in the following partitions:
two drives as RAID1 intended for operating system and the other two drives
as RAID0 for DATA.
Every time we install Rocks on the frontend using the following
partitioning scheme:
drive 1#
/          (260GB in ext4 format)
swap  (16GB)
drive 2#
/export   (280 GB in ext4 format)
we finish the installation successfully, but after rebooting, the server
couldn't boot from the drive.
We made sure that the booting order is correct.
Is this a problem with our H710P card controller, or we are missing
something around.
Any kind of support will be highly appreciated.
Sincerely;
M. Ibrahim