List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Rocks-Discuss] EXTERNAL: Re: Node will not get IP address
From:       Frédéric Côté <frederick.cote () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-12-30 23:31:31

Hi,

Can you check with a live Fedora
<https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/>(or any Live CD/USB) to see
if the server can see the Frontend on the
network ?.

You can also blindly re-install the node but if it happen again you still
won't know what's wrong.

## These are for Rocks 6 but I think it should work (someone please advise
if not)
To remove the host from the Frontend with user Root (change X & Y to your
needs):
*rocks  remove  host  compute-x-y*
To re-add it to the list with user Root (also change X & Y to your needs):
insert-ethers  --hostname compute-x-y

As I said, if I were you, I would definitely try to find the problem
instead of simply reinstall it mostly if you have a deadline.

Good luck,
Frederic

--
"In a world without walls, who really needs Windows"
"Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious"