List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Rocks-Discuss] Rocks 5.4.0 and Sgi H2106-G7 servers
From:       Stefano Querin <squerin () ogs ! trieste ! it>
Date:       2011-09-30 17:06:52

Dear Rayson, Paulo and Knut Petter,

thanks for your hints and suggestions (and sorry for the late
reply...), I forwarded them to our system administrators and they are
making some new tests.
As regards Paulo's question:

> Besides, I could not make infiniband to work properly also due to
> the old kernel.
> Do you have this problem?

We don't have Infiniband connection on our system (just Ethernet...):
that is also the reason why we chose a node with so many cores per node.
We wanted to run our simulations (parallel MPI) using only one node,
to avoid going through a very slow inter-node connection.
Sadly, performances are not as good as we expected...

Cheers!

SQ