List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Rocks-Discuss] install problem: can't ssh into nodes
From:       "Bart Brashers" <bbrashers () Environcorp ! com>
Date:       2010-09-30 20:32:48

These are compute nodes, right?  You were supposed to pick Compute
Appliance from the list, not Ethernet.  That's just for things like
switches etc. that don't need/get a kickstart file.

Delete them all using "rocks remove host network", then do a "rocks sync
config", then start over.  Pick Compute this time.

Bart

> I've been able to install the frontend OK. I am attempting to install
the
> nodes via PXE. During the initial setup of the frontend, I used
> "insert-ethers" with the "Ethernet" option to discover the nodes
> successfully. Now, however...
>
> # ssh network-0-12
> ssh: connect to host network-0-12 port 22: Connection refused
>
> I can issue commands like "rocks remove host partition network-0-0"
OK.

> (Perhaps unrelated: I cannot use "rocks console" because it produces
an
> error, "unable to connect to host: Connection refused (111)".)
>
> My nodes status is
> # rocks list host boot
> HOST          ACTION
> typhoon:      -------
> network-0-0:  install
> network-0-1:  install
> network-0-2:  install
> network-0-3:  install
> [...]
>
> I've tried rebooting them. No difference.
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik
> ebryer@fsu.edu

This message contains information that may be confidential, privileged or otherwise \
protected by law from disclosure. It is intended for the exclusive use of the \
Addressee(s). Unless you are the addressee or authorized agent of the addressee, you \
may not review, copy, distribute or disclose to anyone the message or any information \
contained within. If you have received this message in error, please contact the \
sender by electronic reply to email@environcorp.com and immediately delete all copies \
of the message.