List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Rocks-Discuss] Rocks 5.3 Node Reinstall "Choose a Language"
From:       Philip Papadopoulos <philip.papadopoulos () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-30 16:01:45

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Courville, Brad - 0991 - MITLL <
bcourville@ll.mit.edu> wrote:

> > it may be that the apache user can't connect to the database.
> >
> > what is the output of:
> >
> > # sudo -u apache rocks list host
> > # sudo -u apache ld -l /opt/rocks/etc/my.cnf
> >
> > - gb
>
> The problem was that I changed the group membership of my /opt/ directory
> a usergroup, Changing /opt/rocks/etc/my.cnf helped get past the "choose a
> language" screen. (I had previously been looking for a nonexistent
> /root/.my.cnf file from older rocks versions)
>
> Now I am having issues generating ssh-keys on the newly installed node.
> What
> other files does Apache need group membership on?

Since we have no idea how you have changed your cluster or permissions, our
straight advice would
be to re-install and get it back to a state that we can actually support.
But, if you want to go spelunking -

Look in /export/rocks/install/rocks-dist/....../build/nodes.
Then look at the code snippets between <eval> tags.  When a node's kickstart
file is generated
things inside <eval> tags are run on the frontend.   You will see things
like cat <path-to-some-file> or
echo.   Anything in the <eval> is run as user apache.

-P

--
Philip Papadopoulos, PhD
University of California, San Diego