List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Rocks-Discuss] Access to license server across compute nodes
From:       "Bart Brashers" <bbrashers () Environcorp ! com>
Date:       2010-08-26 21:09:41

Assuming that "raid system" and "external NFS server" are synonyms, you can allow all \
traffic from that IP address by using Larry's suggestion.  After reverting to the \
original iptables file, just add the line

-A INPUT -s 172.16.255.236  -j ACCEPT

somewhere above the "# Standard rules" section.

For Rocks clusters, you never know what you going to get when you use some GUI \
program to change settings.  These programs often change other stuff, and don't \
always read the original setting correctly.  It's far better to simply edit the \
settings file and re-start the service.

Bart