List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Rocks-Discuss] Creating Shared Project Directory?
From:       Mike Hanby <mhanby () uab ! edu>
Date:       2010-08-20 14:46:46

chgrp -R project2 /some/project/dir
chmod g+s /some/project/dir

That forces all new files/dirs in the directory to be created with project2 group and \
not the users primary group. The goal isn't to allow all cluster users access, only \
those working on a specific project.

Bart, thanks for the suggestion, I think that will work in our environment. Most of \
the file modifications will be done via the shell or jobs, so the cshrc / bashrc \
approach should work.

Thanks, Mike