List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss] Node naming
From:       "Isaac Wagner" <isaac () wagnerfam ! com>
Date:       2008-09-30 20:14:31

The default node naming scheme is compute-A-B where A and B are
numbers.  I'd like to have my nodes named compute-A-B-C.  I know I can
manually specify a host name with insert-ethers, but I'd like to be
able to do something like this:

 insert-ethers --someswitch A --anotherswitch B

And then power on my nodes and have them automatically assigned names,
like: compute-A-B-0, compute-A-B-1, etc

Is this possible with insert-ethers?