List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Rocks-Discuss] Rocks with VMware Workstation
From:       "Mason J. Katz" <mason.katz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-27 4:44:54

I just brought up a Rocks 5.1 Beta frontend using the instructions
below on the Wiki.  The difference was I selected NAT for the second
interface.  Make sure the first NIC is "host only", and the second NIC
can be either NAT or bridging.

On MacOS I also needed to reboot to make sure VMWare set up the
correct vmnet1 (host) and vmnet8 (bridge) networks.

Other than that you need to make sure you allocate 1GB of RAM and 16GB
of disk to your VM.

-mjk