List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Rocks-Discuss] Rocks 5.0 useradd can't create home directory
From:       "Mason J. Katz" <mason.katz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-26 21:27:41

This sounds like /etc/default/useradd has been modified.  The default
file created by Rocks is:

/etc/default/useradd:
# useradd defaults file
GROUP=100
INACTIVE=-1
EXPIRE=
SHELL=/bin/bash
SKEL=/etc/skel
HOME=/export/home

If the HOME variable is changed to /home (from /export/home) yes, it
will break useradd.  What does this file look like on your clusters?