List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Rocks-Discuss] Newbie Rocks Frontend Installation Problem
From:       B L <phrygiabithynia () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-05-23 21:48:49

Hi, Mr. Katz,

  Thanks for your reply!

  My machine is a Dell Poweredge 1900 with an "Integrated ATI ES1000 controller with \
16MB of SDRAM". Is this known to cause problems with Rocks 4.2.1, and how can I fix \
it (given that Rocks reboots before asking me to take action)?
  Have a nice day!

  Regards,

"Mason J. Katz" <mjk@sdsc.edu> wrote:
  What is the hardware you are installing on (vendor, ethernet, video,
...)? Do you have a very new nvidia card?

-mjk

On 5/23/07, B L
wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> I hope you are doing well today. I was wondering if anyone could help me resolve my \
> problems installing Rocks on my frontend. I have had trouble with Rocks 4.2.1 \
> quitting the installation immediately after the installation hits the stage where \
> it asked for my IP information and looked for Redhat updates. I can't really tell \
> what the error is, except that the error has something to do with X and that there \
> is some error along the lines of "invalid modeline in file".
> In an older cluster I dealt with the problem by installing Rocks 4.1 (which does \
> not insist on a graphical installation), but on this newer cluster I encountered a \
> new problem with Rocks 4.1 during installation:
> ============ No driver found ===========
> > Unable to find any devices of the type |
> > needed for this installation type. |
> > Would you like to manually select your |
> > driver or use a driver disk? |
> [Select Driver] [Use a driver disk] [Back]
>
> From what I can find in other posts \
> (https://lists.sdsc.edu/pipermail/npaci-rocks-discussion/2005-October/014570.html) \
> and on other fora it has something to do with incompatability problems, but I can't \
> determine what driver Rocks is asking for so I can try to supply it.
> Does anyone have an idea about how to solve one of my problems (preferably the \
> 4.2.1 problem)? I really like using Rocks and any version will do. I am happy to \
> supply any detail of the machine that you think would help diagnose and solve the \
> problem.
> Thanks and have a good day!
>
> Regards,

> Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!