List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss] Running Rocks and GFS with multiple frontends
From:       Sebastian Walter <sebastian.walter () fu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2007-03-30 17:47:07

Hello,

I'd like to run two frontends with some nodes connected to each of them
sharing a common gfs filesystem. Since the nodes are in (different)
private subnets the only possible solution for me is to configure the
second nics for the subnet of the frontends. Then Rocks would use the
private address to do the deployment and communication stuff, while the
gfs locks and other things are done via the public (real-world) subnet
of the secondary nics.

Has somebody experience with this configuration (maybe Rocks isn't
useful at all in this configuration)? Thanks for any advice!

Regards,
Sebastian